Sunday, September 22, 2019

Weight Gain From Fear and Worry - 3 Simple Solutions

The Amish consider worrying a sin! Makes sense to me, since worry, and fear as its evil twin, can only cause trouble and definitely weight gain. You probably know by now that when you are super stressed out, your cortisol levels hit the roof. Then, you want to eat more of the kinds of food that generally cause weight gain-carbs and sugars.
After eating all those carbs and sugars, how do you feel? Relaxed at first, but over the next few minutes (not just guessing here-I know from personal experience-you likely feel more stressed, right? Guilt is a kicker and I would say that definitely fits In with worry and fear as cortisol instigator.
So, how do you keep yourself from worry and fear? It's nearly impossible not to react with worry or fear at times, but you can try several things that may help you:
1. Herbs and other supplements. For example, Holy Basil (or Tulsi Tea) really helps calm my nervous system. It's supposed to be especially good for those of us who have abandonment issues like adoption (I was seven years old when adopted, so had lots of issues from before that time).
Some supplements, like B-12 vitamins and some amino acids, like tryptophan, may work well for you.
Be sure to check with your doctor, chiropractor, or other health practitioner.
2. Keeping the body aligned with good chiropractic or osteopathic care makes a world of difference! I had a friend who told me she knew when her atlas vertebrae was "out," since that's when she felt sick to her stomach and so depressed that she wanted to kill herself! She would never have done that, but it gave her a clue. Then, after her adjustment, she was her normal, happy self again!
3. Most Important: Remember you have a choice! Immediately shift to gratitude. Quickly think of the things that are going Right in Your Life! For example, my car needed an expensive repair. I started to worry and feel stressed until I realized that life had already given me a great solution. I had a speaking gig that would cover the expense! Yes, I had earmarked that money to pay some debt, but I could always do that later. The thing that was going Right in My Life was that I had a solution before I even had the problem.
It's been proven that most of the things we worry about never even occur! So relax and enjoy the ride.
Debbie Johnson is the Best-Selling Author of the original Think Yourself Thin. Think Yourself Young is a bonus eBook, available only with her new eBook, an updated version of the original Think Yourself Thin, available via https://thinkyourselfthin.com.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10101678

No comments:

Post a Comment